I did it guys. After several days searching for the perfect pumpkin cookie recipe, I decided to take the next step towards ultimate bloggette-ness and make my own recipe, from scratch.
Now, I am not going to call these cookies. I am not going to call these muffins. Or biscuits, or scones, or anything else baked-goods related. I’m not really sure what they are to be honest… but I do know that I like them!
Once I come up with a cute name for them, I’m going to make them more often with all different flavours and styles for you lovely people! Maybe this is the start of something wonderful
Anyways, here’s the recipe!
- 1 and 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sucanat
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger, cinnamon, and nutmeg
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup applesauce (or more if needed)
- 2 tbsp Tazo chai concentrate
- a capful of vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp molasses
- 1 flax egg: 1tbsp ground flax absorbed by 3 tbsp water